No-Bake Lime Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, eggs and lime zest. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into lime mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 590 calories, 39g fat (23g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2012
Other people liked this more than I did. It has more of a key lime pie texture and a really fresh flavor to it, but taking into consideration how many calories this must have, I'd rather have something chocolate. :)
Feb 7, 2012
Love this recipe, specially in the summer.
Dec 1, 2011
I like lime and love cheesecake. This was awful!
Mar 7, 2011
I made this recipe and had to make a few adjustments on the fly. I did not have any lime juice or zest so I substituted 2-6 oz containers of key lime yogurt and also used a store bought graham cracker pie crust instead of making the one in the recipe since I did not have the graham cracker ingredients already at home.This came out great despite the substitutions and I will make it again.Great recipe!
Mar 17, 2010
Very light - loved it!! Definitely will make again.
Oct 29, 2009
My husband makes this all the time now!! It is wonderfully fluffy and very tasty. I would recommend this to everyone!!