Crustless Pineapple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, well drained
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, sugar, biscuit mix, butter, eggs, vanilla and food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. Sprinkle the pineapple into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Pour batter over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 225 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 20, 2014
Um, this was kind of strange. It's a custard-like pie without being custard-y...if that is possible. The flavor was okay, but nothing amazing. I would use less sugar and probably add some coconut for texture and flavor if I made it again. I ate a piece warm and thought, "Well, maybe you're supposed to eat it cold" so I stuck it in the fridge and it's not really any better chilled. My husband ate one piece. He usually cleans out a dessert in a day or two. I also will agree with cls1789- this took forever to bake I had to add an extra hour onto the baking time.
Nov 22, 2010
This was an excellent pie. I made a gluten-free version by substituting GF Bisquick. Only thing to note - it took almost 2 hrs to cook, not the 45 min mentioned in the recipe. But - we will DEFINITELY make it again!