Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon zest, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Firmly press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on). Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread carefully over pie. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint and lemon zest if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Jun 15, 2018
This is my families favorite, it is the same recipe I started making out of the Betty Crocker cookbook that I got around 1980.
Feb 18, 2018
We love the fresh lemony taste. They turned out perfect!!
Feb 1, 2016
I like making this recipe when I want cheesecake for a smaller number of people. It tastes just like my regular cheesecake recipe made in a springform pan with larger quantities of ingredients, and I don't have to worry about leftovers to tempt me! I like drizzling each slice with caramel and chocolate sauces. It looks and tastes great!
Jan 21, 2016
This is almost as good as a regular cheesecake, but so much easier to make.
Apr 6, 2015
This taste exactly like a famous restaurants cheesecake pie! My husband and I loved it. I will be making this again. It did need the extra 10 minutes of baking time before the sour cream layer, though.
Dec 21, 2014
I have made several cheesecakes. This was the easiest. It did not crack and was very creamy. There were a few adjustments that I made and it turned out great:Instead of sugar I used 1/2 container sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp agave syrup.Used the juice and zest of 2 Meyer lemons for a tangy kick.I ran out of time and used a prepaid graham cracker crust which was the perfect size.It took an extra 10 minutes at 325 F.Omitted the topping.
Mar 30, 2014
Excellent taste. Like the other commenter, I did need to bake it about 10 minutes longer before adding the topping. I made it without the crust to keep it gluten-free and it worked out nicely.
Nov 19, 2013
Creamy with excellent flavor! In my oven I had to bake a little longer before adding the sour cream topping. Also used double strength vanilla. Family loved it!
Jan 28, 2010
I made this for Christmas for at my mother-in-laws request. She raved about it, said it was the best cheesecake she ever ate. The rest of my family agreed.