Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon zest, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Firmly press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on). Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread carefully over pie. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint and lemon zest if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2018
This is my families favorite, it is the same recipe I started making out of the Betty Crocker cookbook that I got around 1980.
Feb 18, 2018
We love the fresh lemony taste. They turned out perfect!!
Feb 1, 2016
I like making this recipe when I want cheesecake for a smaller number of people. It tastes just like my regular cheesecake recipe made in a springform pan with larger quantities of ingredients, and I don't have to worry about leftovers to tempt me! I like drizzling each slice with caramel and chocolate sauces. It looks and tastes great!
Jan 21, 2016
This is almost as good as a regular cheesecake, but so much easier to make.
Apr 6, 2015
This taste exactly like a famous restaurants cheesecake pie! My husband and I loved it. I will be making this again. It did need the extra 10 minutes of baking time before the sour cream layer, though.
Dec 21, 2014
I have made several cheesecakes. This was the easiest. It did not crack and was very creamy. There were a few adjustments that I made and it turned out great:Instead of sugar I used 1/2 container sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp agave syrup.Used the juice and zest of 2 Meyer lemons for a tangy kick.I ran out of time and used a prepaid graham cracker crust which was the perfect size.It took an extra 10 minutes at 325 F.Omitted the topping.
Mar 30, 2014
Excellent taste. Like the other commenter, I did need to bake it about 10 minutes longer before adding the topping. I made it without the crust to keep it gluten-free and it worked out nicely.
Nov 19, 2013
Creamy with excellent flavor! In my oven I had to bake a little longer before adding the sour cream topping. Also used double strength vanilla. Family loved it!
Jan 28, 2010
I made this for Christmas for at my mother-in-laws request. She raved about it, said it was the best cheesecake she ever ate. The rest of my family agreed.