Strawberry Shortbread Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 shortbread crust (9 inches)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin powder until dissolved.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until partially set. Place strawberries in the crust; pour gelatin mixture over berries. Cover and refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2010
We loved this pie! I have made it several times. I use sugar free jello, splenda, and fat free cool whip on top. No one knows the difference and it is better for you.
Jul 10, 2008
I used sugar substitute and sugar free gelatin and it still taste wonderful.
Jun 13, 2008
You can buy shortbread crusts in the same aisle as the graham cracker crusts and chocolate crusts, etc. are. I just saw one the other day when I went shopping.
Jun 3, 2008
Where do I find the recipe for the shortbread crust?