Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Arrange strawberries over filling. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2017
Sounds like a five star recipe, I want to make it this week..I don't have honey on hand...can I substitute sugar? Or another sweetener..What about Splenda? Any help out there would be appreciated
May 6, 2017
It is a very good pie. Im not sure where MJ got her information, but traditional pie crust is 110 per slice, Graham cracker crust is 145. Very low , maybe she should just eat the filling it would only be around 158.
Jul 16, 2016
1/2 cup egg substitute equals 2 eggs
Jul 12, 2016
Lovely pie! Not exactly low fat, however. Anytime you use traditional pie crust, it ain't low fat baby!
May 5, 2016
I am a fan of raspberries so of course I had to do it "my way'. It was fabulous! Of course I used raspberry seedless preserves. Next, I am going to try it with fresh peaches and then there will be peaches with raspberries and I'll call it Raspberry Melba . I do always put my fresh fruit pies in graham cracker crusts.
May 4, 2015
@babs14075....... If you substitute real eggs you will need two eggs for 1/2 cup.I made this pie and it is delicious. You can't go wrong using this recipe if you need to take a dessert somewhere. Very yummy and easy to make.
May 4, 2015
Sounds easy. I don't have egg substitute. Can I use one egg?
Jul 19, 2011
I made this recipe and it turned out fabulous, just what I needed on a hot summer day! I will, however, use half as much vanilla extract next time I make it.
Jan 6, 2011
I'd use graham cracker crust instead of pastry crust. That's the way my mother always made it--delicious!!!!
Jun 16, 2010
I made this for a family gathering and it was a big hit. It was very easy to make and it was so refreshing and delicious. It was also one of the few healthy desserts at the family gathering, which is why I made it. I loved how tasty and low fat it was! I will definitely be making this again.