Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Arrange strawberries over filling. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 30, 2019
I made this cheesecake for the weekend company and all of them really liked it, I topped it with raspberries
Jun 11, 2017
Sounds like a five star recipe, I want to make it this week..I don't have honey on hand...can I substitute sugar? Or another sweetener..What about Splenda? Any help out there would be appreciated
May 6, 2017
It is a very good pie. Im not sure where MJ got her information, but traditional pie crust is 110 per slice, Graham cracker crust is 145. Very low , maybe she should just eat the filling it would only be around 158.
Jul 16, 2016
1/2 cup egg substitute equals 2 eggs
Jul 12, 2016
Lovely pie! Not exactly low fat, however. Anytime you use traditional pie crust, it ain't low fat baby!
May 5, 2016
I am a fan of raspberries so of course I had to do it "my way'. It was fabulous! Of course I used raspberry seedless preserves. Next, I am going to try it with fresh peaches and then there will be peaches with raspberries and I'll call it Raspberry Melba . I do always put my fresh fruit pies in graham cracker crusts.
May 4, 2015
@babs14075....... If you substitute real eggs you will need two eggs for 1/2 cup.I made this pie and it is delicious. You can't go wrong using this recipe if you need to take a dessert somewhere. Very yummy and easy to make.
May 4, 2015
Sounds easy. I don't have egg substitute. Can I use one egg?
Jul 19, 2011
I made this recipe and it turned out fabulous, just what I needed on a hot summer day! I will, however, use half as much vanilla extract next time I make it.
Jan 6, 2011
I'd use graham cracker crust instead of pastry crust. That's the way my mother always made it--delicious!!!!