Strawberry Raspberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; stir in corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Add the raspberries, gently stir to coat. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2012
Great and refreshing on a hot day, however, I changed it a little. I used the pie crust, then I whipped 8oz. cream cheese, 1C cool whip, and 1C confectioners sugar and spread on top of the crust after it was cooled. Then I made up the berries according to this recipe and put on top. My husband LOVED it! Will be my go to for raspberry pie in the summer.
Dec 26, 2011
This is definitely a keeper! We have an abundance of raspberries during the summer and I used this recipe often. I just use a regular pie crust but after reading the other reviews I think I will try the crust in the recipe. I am impressed that it slices perfect every time and holds its shape. Love the flavor as well... Good recipe over all! :)
Jun 26, 2011
Wonderful crust...tastes like you spent forecer making it. Don't substitute the crust..it is what makes this pie.
Jun 24, 2010
Excellent recipe. The crust is really good, tastes like a shortbread cookie.
Jun 22, 2009
Re: Fresh Raspberry Pie.I made this pie using strawberries instead of raspberries. It was a hit at a Father's Day gathering. I topped the pie with whipped cream flavored with 2 tablespoons of strawberry gelation powder and 1/2 tsp of strawberry extract. It made a beautiful pink contrast to the red berries and white crust. I will definitely make it again when raspberries come in season.armijo1212
May 16, 2009
THE VERY BEST PIE EVER!! The first time I made this pie, I was blown away! It is by far the most delicious, gorgeous pie that always receives WOW's from guests. It also makes up great into a strawberry pie with no recipe changes. I thank Kaye everytime I make it. You are a peach for sharing this recipe.