Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries, hulled
- Combine pecans, crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well. Spoon over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until filling is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Several hours before serving, prepare glaze. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add jelly and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until jelly is melted and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur and food coloring if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top with pointed ends up. Spoon glaze over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 453 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 2, 2018
I've made this cheesecake a bunch of times and it's always a huge hit. My 15 year old son wants this as his birthday cake!
May 15, 2016
My family loves this recipe..definitely a hit.
Dec 20, 2015
This was my very first time baking a cheesecake using my new Kitchen Aid Mixer. It was such a hit that everyone wants me to make one for Christmas! I am going to be one BUSY guy in the kitchen!My hint is using Grand Marnier in the glaze.
Oct 3, 2015
im making a cheesecake my question is when making the glaze do i leave it in the pan then serve on top while its still cooling down in the fridge or add to the cheesecake after 24 hours and let it cool longer?
Sep 22, 2015
This was my first homemade cheesecake I've ever made and it was amazing! First advise is to definitely let it sit for 24 hrs before serving. I tried to rush it and quickly cool it in the fridge and it was 10 times better the next day! The strawberry topping in the perfect combo of sweet and tangy. I sliced the berries and put the sauce on top as it was served vs putting the whole berries on top. Oh and the crust....oh my!! Delicious!! I will definitely be making this again and again!
Mar 14, 2015
Any time I make ANY kind of cheesecake (not just strawberry), this is my go-to recipe. I love the glaze, so I've made it with just about every possible berry flavour so far. I've also used this as a base for several other flavours of cheesecake, including maple and chocolate! I've tried a bunch of other recipes all over the internet, but this is always the one I keep coming back to :)
Jan 28, 2015
I want to know, how to bake the cheesecake?is it using water bath or not? Thank you
Jan 24, 2015
I have been making this recipe since 1981 and everytime people love it. My recipe is slightly different and I do change the jelly I use to make it interesting.
Jan 21, 2015
Very tasty and pretty.
Dec 24, 2014
I loved this recipe. Made it for my sister's birthday party and everyone loved it too. Received only high compliments. Highly recommended recipe for those looking to impress.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.