Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk until a thick batter forms.
- Drop four mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining milk.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Layer biscuits with berries and whipped cream in small bowls or on dessert plates.
Nutrition Facts1 shortcake: 284 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 27, 2019
I made this tonight and, unfortunately, I doubled it. We ate it, but it just wasn't flavorful. If it wasn't for the smashed strawberries with a tad bit of sugar, it would have been flavorless. Sorry.