Cheesecake Strawberry Trifle
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) strawberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream; mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a small bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cream cheese mixture, crumbs and pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 369 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 12, 2019
I made this for the fourth of July I did blueberry/ Cherry for a red white and blue look to it. It was great and it didn't last half an hour before it was gone. I made it for a neighborhood BBQ
Feb 18, 2013
This disappeared faster than almost anything I've ever made for my co-workers--a huge hit! I made a plain yellow cake (cubed/crumbled), used cheesecake flavored pudding mix, and frozen strawberries with a little bit of sugar added (couldn't find the pie filling, and I think it wold have been too sweet anyway).
Nov 22, 2012
I love this recipe. I usually add pound cake and make my own strawberry filling.
Jun 9, 2011
This was a great dessert, but I used cherry pie filling since I couldn't find strawberry pie filling and it was a big hit!
May 12, 2011
I use cherry pie filling and it's a favorite with my family! Two days ago, I made this for a work picnic and won 1st prize in the desserts category! Love it!
Mar 24, 2011
Delicious and so easy to make. Next time I might substitute lemon pudding for the vanilla, just for a little change.
Nov 10, 2010
So yummy and always disappears so fast! Have been making this for years and also use cherry pie filling and graham crackers. Even goes fast if made in a throw away pan. Perfect dessert!
Sep 30, 2010
I've made this recipe several times now and always use a different fruit! Our favourite so far is pineapple! YUM! It's a natural sweet instead of being too rich but it tastes decadent! I also used graham crackers instead of butter cookies as a variant. Looks awesome for presentation and everyone eats it right up!
Aug 4, 2010
I have made this recipe so many times. Its good in the summer or winter. My family loves it. I use graham crackers instead of butter crackers though.
Jul 4, 2010
I LOVE this recipe. I use fat free dairy products to lower the calories, but doesn't change the taste! I also use graham crakers instead of butter crackers (just a personal preference). Definately a huge hit everywhere I take it.