Raspberry Chocolate Trifle
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Whipped topping
- Additional raspberries, optional
- Mix milk and pudding according to package directions; chill. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 2-qt. glass bowl. In a small bowl, gently stir together raspberries and preserves; spoon half over cake.
- Pour half of the pudding over raspberries. Cover with remaining cake cubes. Layer with remaining berries and pudding. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 493 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 6, 2014
I adapted this recipe, replacing pound cake with chocolate cake and mixing melba sauce (found in the ice cream topping section of the store) in with the jelly instead of the raspberries. I used individual dessert dishes instead of a trifle dish, adding about 6 fresh raspberries per dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.