Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Set aside three strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee. Beat in pudding. Fold in whipped topping.
- Brush remaining coffee over ladyfingers. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with half of the ladyfingers. Top with half of the sliced berries, grated chocolate and pudding mixture; repeat layers. Cut reserved berries in half; place on trifle. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 256 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 3, 2016
We love tiramisu and this was wonderful. The strawberries added just the right touch. Next time I'll add more ladyfingers like Rshipman suggested.
Jul 10, 2012
Added more chocolate and not as much coffee to suit my taste. Also used double the lady fingers. Addictive.
Sep 6, 2010
The trifle not only looks good, but is so easy people think you really worked at it when the hardest part of the whole recipe is grating chocolate! No matter where I take this there's never any leftovers. I use sugar free pudding, lite topping and cream cheese to lighten it up a little and it's still delicious.
Jun 24, 2010
A new favorite! I made a homemade angelfood cake and used that instead of the ladyfingers.
Jun 12, 2010
made it in individual cup servings for a group,worked great received many compliments
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.