Pumpkin Cream Tiramisu
Pumpkin isn’t only for pies. Now you can take the classic fall vegetable and enjoy it in a tiramisu-style dessert. I promise after one bite, you’ll add this recipe to keeper files. —Pam Peters, Fernie, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in egg and honey. Add pumpkin and rum; mix well. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Cut a 3/4-in. hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Working in batches, pipe dough to form 2-1/2-in. logs, 2 in. apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden and set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin and spices. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold a third of whipped cream mixture into pumpkin mixture. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in remaining whipped cream until combined. Arrange a third of the cookies in a single layer in a 13x9-in. baking dish; brush with rum. Top with a third of the pumpkin filling. Spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 534 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.