Pumpkin Cream Tiramisu
Pumpkin isn’t only for pies. Now you can take the classic fall vegetable and enjoy it in a tiramisu-style dessert. I promise after one bite, you’ll add this recipe to keeper files. —Pam Peters, Fernie, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in egg and honey. Add pumpkin and rum; mix well. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Cut a 3/4-in. hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Working in batches, pipe dough to form 2-1/2-in. logs, 2 in. apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden and set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin and spices. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold a third of whipped cream mixture into pumpkin mixture. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in remaining whipped cream until combined. Arrange a third of the cookies in a single layer in a 13x9-in. baking dish; brush with rum. Top with a third of the pumpkin filling. Spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 534 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Poignant Pumpkin Tiramisu in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.