Creamy Tiramisu Cheesecake
The Italian word "tiramisu" means "pick-me-up" and refers to a dessert of ladyfinger sponge cake dipped in coffee, embracing mascarpone cheese. Work that in with cream cheese and you have a guaranteed picker-upper that redefines a classic. —Mrs. Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 70 minutes + chilling
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 2 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°. Brush bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with butter; sprinkle evenly with cracker crumbs. Securely wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) under and around pan.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; cool and set aside. Combine brewed coffee and rum extract; brush over flat sides of split ladyfingers. Arrange ladyfingers, rounded sides out, along sides of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, sour cream, vanilla and reserved dissolved coffee. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Just before serving, dust cheesecake with cocoa.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 470 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 21, 2014
Very creamy. Served this for a birthday at work, everyone loved it.
Nov 4, 2012
This was incredible, and all my coworkers who tried it confirmed it! They were cursing me for bringing it in. :)