The holiday version of tiramisu trades the Amaretto and coffee notes of the traditional dessert for the bright, seasonal flavors of cranberries and orange. The combination of orange liqueur and Marsala wine make this a delicious, potent meal-ender. —Jerry Gulley, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + cooling Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
- FRUIT DIP:
- 1-1/4 cups cranberry juice
- 4 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package (7 ounces) crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and orange juice. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For custard, heat wine and sugar in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk. Return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads at least 160° and mixture coats the back of a spoon. Quickly transfer to a small bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir 1 minute. In a large bowl, beat cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in custard; set aside.
- For fruit dip, combine cranberry juice, liqueur and sugar in a shallow bowl. Quickly dip ladyfingers into mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. square dish. Layer with 1 cup custard mixture and cranberry mixture. Top with remaining ladyfingers and remaining custard mixture. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust with cocoa.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 470 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Tiramisu in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.