Mixed Berry Tiramisu
Because I love tiramisu, I came up with this deliciously refreshing twist on the traditional coffee-flavored Italian dessert. Fresh macerated berries star with crisp ladyfinger cookies and mascarpone cheese. Serve it from a glass bowl or in clear dishes to show off the luscious layers. —Najmussahar Ahmed, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) crisp ladyfinger cookies
- Additional fresh berries, optional
- Place berries in a large bowl. Mix 1/3 cup sugar, orange zest and orange juice; toss gently with berries. Refrigerate, covered, 45 minutes.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar. Fold in whipped cream, one third at a time.
- Drain berries over a shallow bowl, reserving juices. Dip 12 ladyfingers in reserved juices, allowing excess to drip off. Arrange in a single layer on bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Layer with half the berries and half the mascarpone mixture; repeat layers.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight. If desired, top with additional berries before serving.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was prepared with Alessi brand ladyfinger cookies.