Mixed Fruit Cobbler
The corn bread topping gives this old-fashioned fruit cobbler a brand-new taste. You can use most any combination of fruits to make it. A scoop of ice cream or a little whipped topping makes it extra special.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium ripe apricots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large ripe nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in milk and oil just until moistened. Spread over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm.