I created this lemon tiramisu to please everyone in my family. It's a cross between cheesecake and tiramisu with a refreshing lemony flavor. Garnish with fresh berries if you have them on hand. —Monica Marolt, Willowick, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 24 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Beat first five ingredients on medium speed until blended, 2-3 minutes (do not overbeat).
- Whisk lemon juice and sugar in a shallow bowl until sugar is dissolved. Quickly dip eight ladyfingers into lemon juice, allowing excess to drip off; place in a single layer in an 8-in. square dish. Spread a third of the mascarpone mixture over top. Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Apr 9, 2020
Wayyy too lemony! What made it bad was dipping ladyfingers in lemon juice (and sugar), I would definitely skip that step.
Mar 31, 2020
I feel like we owe this recipe some liquor......dip ladyfingers in lemoncello? Then we can rival tiramisu ;)