Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: chocolate syrup, whipped cream and baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, soda, butter, coffee and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cheeses and sugar until fluffy. Add liqueur and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and cocoa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 13, 2016
Good taste, a bit heavy, and too sweet. The dense filling may have been under-whipped(??) I agree that the sugar could be drastically reduced.
Jul 7, 2014
After reading the reviews, I cut the sugar in half. I do agree that the cream cheese and mascarpone was a bit heavy for crepes. Overall, (after reducing the sugar), it was a good recipe.
Apr 29, 2013
Great, everybody liked it. Cut the sugar on the filling in half. Exquisite
Mar 1, 2013
It was excellent, better than what I thought.
Feb 15, 2013
Way too sweet and heavy. Combining cream cheese with mascarpone is too heavy. Maybe mascarpone with ricotta would be lighter.
Mar 5, 2011
This is very good! A little on the sweet side though. I will cut the sugar in the filling in half the next time I make it.