Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes
Homemade crepes filled with a fabulous goat cheese cream and topped with smoked salmon add a real "wow" factor to a brunch table. The flavors will impress your guests.—
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 pound smoked salmon fillets
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- Optional garnishes: additional fresh goat cheese, capers and dill
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and water. Combine the wheat flour, all-purpose flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the goat cheese, red peppers, lemon juice, paprika and garlic; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cheese mixture down the center of each crepe. Top each with salmon, spinach, capers and dill; roll up. Garnish with additional cheese, capers and dill if desired.
Originally published as Smoky Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.