Salmon Dip with Cream Cheese
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add the salt, curry powder, basil and pepper; mix well. Gently stir in salmon and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 78 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2015
After reading the reviews, I tried this. As I did not have curry or majo on hand, this was omitted as was salt (based on other review that it was too salty). Used miricle whip, It was very good. Next, I added the following as it was on hand and I wanted a diff flavor: chopped orange, yellow peppers and celery. Garlic and onion powder, salt, sweet pickle. Next, I tasted it with a cracker and the dip seemed to salty so I added more Sweet pickle relish to balance it out. AWESOMEThis recipe is very flexible and can be easily adjusted based on what you have on hand.
Aug 16, 2013
My mom used to make this for me all the time when I was a little girl. I've recently rediscovered the recipe. Now I'm making it for myself. I used to eat it with white rice, buttered and salted. Absolutely delicious.
Jan 4, 2013
Very tasty. Will make again but with a little less salt.
Sep 3, 2011
This is one of my favorite spreads. And a party favorite!