Goat Cheese & Ham Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice deli ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, water and pepper until blended; stir in ham, green pepper and onion. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg white mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As egg whites set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked egg flow underneath.
- When no liquid egg remains, sprinkle goat cheese on one side. Fold omelet in half; slide onto a plate. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 omelet: 143 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 27, 2018
Very good. This is a healthy version of a Denver omelet. The goat cheese is so good on this. Will be making again.
Dec 30, 2017
awesome, swapped out red pepper for the green and used chopped green onions, very versatile!
Jun 28, 2017
This recipe is perfect, I made it for my dinner as I am on a low fat hi protein diet, delicious, creamy w the goat cheese, the ham adds flavor plus I added a pinch of cayenne, will make again!
Feb 1, 2017
This omelette recipe makes for a delicious and unexpected breakfast! Using deli ham and goat cheese was a game changer for me. And the egg whites made this very light. Overall, a quick and healthy alternative to start the morning!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.