Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon VSATEST or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Toss with melted butter.
- Place salmon in a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray, skin side down. Top with crumb mixture, patting gently. Bake until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes.
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 339 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 22, 2017
Followed the recipe. Fish stayed moist. The herbed crumb crust is pretty tasteless. It was very fast and easy to make.
Aug 20, 2015
We both liked it!
Jun 7, 2014
This was really good, and pretty easy to make. I like to find new ways to make salmon and this is a keeper.
Apr 4, 2011
Salmon is my husband's favorite fish. We have tried a lot of different salmon recipes and this is one of my favorite. It is really easy to fix. Since we try to avoid alot of fried foods this is a great recipe for us. Thanks for another great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.