Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 10 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place salmon fillets in a shallow dish; add milk. Turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Coat fillets with pecan mixture, gently pressing into the fish.
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown salmon over medium-high heat in oil. Bake at 400° until fish just begins to flake easily with fork, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 523 calories, 40g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 9, 2015
This was ok.
Feb 25, 2015
Have served this twice to rave reviews! Easy and delicious!
Mar 13, 2014
I love this recipe and so easy to make
Feb 16, 2014
This is one of my family's favorite way to have salmon! they have changed the name of the recipe, I panicked when I couldn't find it...glad I did!
Jan 22, 2014
Personally, I would have given this recipe 5 stars, but gave it 4 because the boyfriend didn't like it. He thought it was too sweet and described it as "sweet potato topping." Once he said it, that is what it tasted like, but I still thought it was very good on this fish.
Sep 28, 2013
This was very fast and simple to put together. I made half the recipe as I was only cooking for 2 and it worked out great, though I did have quite a bit of the crust mixture left over. I cooked mine in the same cast iron pan I did the browning in. I think it needed just a little something else to give it a kick of flavor though, maybe a bit more seasoning salt or a little butter cut into the crust mixture.
Jan 3, 2013
Resturant quailty recipe! As mentioned in an earlier review, I only made half of the pecan mixture and it was plenty.
Dec 5, 2012
<p>This is one of my favorite salmon dishes! I got this recipe from my friend/neighbor years ago & I couldn't get enough! If you don't really care for salmon, at least try it once this way. This may just change your mind about salmon!</p>
Feb 25, 2012
My husband is not fond of Salmon but he always request this during Lent... my son can't get enough of this salmon.
Feb 15, 2012
This was a really good salmon recipe, though not any more outstanding than other salmon recipes I have had. I may make it again. I will say, only about half of the pecan, etc. topping is really needed. I packed it on generously and still have a bowlful left over!