In my family, it wouldn't be Christmas Eve without baked clams. They're easy to make and always a hit. —Annmarie Lucente, Monroe, New York
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 2 pounds kosher salt
- 2 dozen fresh littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Spread salt into an ovenproof metal serving platter or a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Shuck clams, leaving clams and juices in bottom shells. Arrange in prepared platter; divide juices among shells.
- In a small bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, chicken broth, parsley, oil, garlic, oregano and pepper; spoon over clams. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until clams are firm and crumb mixture is crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.