- 2 pounds kosher salt
- 2 dozen fresh littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Spread salt onto a cast-iron 15x10x1-in. baking pan or other ovenproof metal serving plater. Shuck clams, leaving clams and juices in bottom shells. Arrange in prepared platter; divide juices among shells.
- In a small bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, chicken broth, parsley, oil, garlic, oregano and pepper; spoon over clams. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat until clams are firm and crumb mixture is crisp and golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
1 clam: 31 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.