In my family, it wouldn't be Christmas Eve without baked clams. They're easy to make and always a hit. —Annmarie Lucente, Monroe, New York
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 2 pounds kosher salt
- 2 dozen fresh littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Spread salt into an ovenproof metal serving platter or a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Shuck clams, leaving clams and juices in bottom shells. Arrange in prepared platter; divide juices among shells.
- In a small bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, chicken broth, parsley, oil, garlic, oregano and pepper; spoon over clams. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until clams are firm and crumb mixture is crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Originally published as BALED CLAMS in Taste of Home Recipes Across America
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.