Clam Stuffing Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons each chopped celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute the celery, peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until almost tender. Stir in broth and carrot. Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in clams.
- Transfer to two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; stir in lemon juice. Drizzle over the stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1254mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Dec 23, 2016
This will be my third year to make during holidays, never never used canned clams, always use FRESH CLAMS, it was so good, I love it. I love this recipe. Remember use fresh clam, I got it from Wegmans seafood department. Awesome!
Mar 18, 2014
Sorry but this left me dissapointed. Couldn't get the clam taste maybe use 2 cans and the stuffing was mushy. I was thinking that it would be similar to Clams Casino but the fell short.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.