Quick and Easy Clam Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk. Add the clams, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and bacon; cook until heated through. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 8, 2014
I love carrots, so I added more cooked carrots to this recipe. And..I know, I know...it's probably not "authentic New England clam chowder" but I like the smoke from smoked clams. Didn't have any, so added a bit of liquid smoke to the soup. Yum!
Nov 17, 2011
This is okay if your really in a hurry.
Feb 16, 2011
Very tasty. I added celery (2 stalks) to the sauteed onions. They added a nice flavor and more veggies to the meal.
Mar 6, 2010
It is so quick and so easy, you don't even have to wait for the potatoes to cook, great to cook after a long day at work!
Oct 14, 2008
Mince clams in the food processor? What a great idea!
Jul 9, 2008
Took the advice of the lady who minces the clams in the food processor. I can now eat clam soup. Delicious and easy !!!!
Jul 6, 2008
I loved this recipe! I made it with turkey bacon, and it still came out great! It's creamy, but doesn't have all the fat.