Chicken and Swiss Stuffing Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until blended. Add the stuffing mix with contents of seasoning packet, chicken, broccoli, celery and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheese over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 247 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
This was good, but not mind blowing great. I made the exact recipe as written. Next time I will add white wine and sour cream to the soup mix, add a saute of equal amounts of onion and celery, and some sage to the mix before baking. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it can be improved. Season as you go and it will be fine.
May 29, 2018
I made some changes to the recipe. I did not have broccoli, so I left it out and had 1 1/2 of chicken. My stuffing was cornbread stuffing. It looked like it would be too dry, so I also added a can of cream of celery soup. EXCELLENT!
Apr 29, 2018
So good. I did add about 1/4 c of chicken broth so it wouldn’t be dry and put in 6 stocks of celery. My husband loved it so I will be making it again soon.
Apr 26, 2018
Delicious!! I made some substitutions because that's what I had to work with, but it turned out fantastic, so it is a very adaptable recipe. I used turkey (smoked) instead of chicken and frozen corn (thawed) in place of broccoli. I opted for cream of chicken soup as I think it adds a little more flavor than cream of mushroom. I had sliced Swiss cheese so I chopped up 3 slices and stirred that into the casserole and then laid slices on top for the remaining 5 minutes. I loved the crunch from the celery! I do love broccoli and often have it on hand. I'm sure it is wonderful with broccoli!! If you don't like Swiss cheese, I'm sure you could substitute what you do like, but the Swiss does add some flavor.
Feb 28, 2018
It was so easy and tasted great. My family does not like the taste of the boxed stuffing mix. It's too salty and overpowers the other ingredients. Which herbs and their amounts would you use if you used plan bread cubes?
Feb 13, 2018
I like adding chopped yellow squash to the mixture as it adds moisture and a tad more flavor.
Feb 4, 2018
good recipe. my family enjoyed this one
Jan 17, 2018
Very easy to prepare and satisfying. This will be the main stuffing dish in our house.
Nov 9, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
To KittiiCatt: You can use the stuffing mix with the seasoning in it already. It just cuts out one step in the process. I like to use chicken flavored stuffing. I also use cream of chicken soup and add fresh sliced cremini mushrooms. A little bit of hot sauce like Chalula also adds flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.