Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Or cover casserole before baking and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 382 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Mar 15, 2018
I tried this recipe for the first time at my dinner party and it was a hit. I was able to prep the meal before the guest arrived. Then when it was time to put everything together it was so simple.
Feb 20, 2017
I followed the recipe measurements exact. I would use more sage though as I couldn't taste any. I used rotisserie chicken & the Pepperidge Farm Crushed Cornbread stuffing. It was delicious & I will definitely make it again!
Jan 23, 2015
I followed the recipe as written, even though I normally would saute the onions and celery before mixing it with the stuffing. I mixed everything together and got a dense blob of casserole. I used Pepperidge Farm crushed corn bread stuffing, and I won't choose that product again. I definitely prefer two other stuffing from this site, Chicken 'n' Stuffing or Chicken and Dressing Dish.
Dec 1, 2013
I used leftover turkey and stuffing from Thanksgiving and it was wonderful!!!
Oct 16, 2013
This is a great recipe. Instead of just sage I used my favorite poultry seasoning. Love it!
May 16, 2013
my family prefers Stove Top's Savory Herb stuffing mix. In recipes calling for fresh celery, my preference is to use cream celery soup. Thank you for sharing!
Feb 8, 2011
This was delicious....I cooked my chicken breasts in chicken broth with the celery and onion and added 2 tbl of butter to the 3 cups of broth....heaven in a casserole.
Oct 28, 2009
loved it and served it with fat free chicken gravy, if desired.. A big hit and great comfort food
Oct 19, 2009
I forgot to rate, please forgive that mislead. It is a 5 star rating
Oct 19, 2009
Good recipe and a good call on the chunk chicken. I've used this recipe using leftover Thaksgiving turkey. Very homespun.