I’ve long been a fan of things prepared in a foil packet—we’ll make them quite a bit when out on the boat or camping. This one, with fresh seafood, sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes, just tastes like summer on the shore. —Laura Davis, Chincoteague, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (16-20 per pound)
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 26 fresh littleneck clams
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or fully cooked andouille sausage links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Divide shrimp, potatoes, clams, corn and sausage on 6 pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Top with lemon slices. Fold foil around mixture, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat until clams open and vegetables are tender, 25-30 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard any unopened clams.
Nutrition Facts1 packet: 526 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Clambake Packets in Taste of Home June/July 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.