Chicken Pizza Packets
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 16 pepperoni slices
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Coat four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square) with cooking spray. Place a quarter of the chicken mixture in the center of each piece. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Carefully open each packet. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheeses. Seal loosely; grill 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 1, 2013
This was a delicious meal and really nice to cook outside and not heat the house up. I agree with penney00 that the packets were watery, but they were also very good. I added some more chicken but kept all the other amounts of ingredients the same and split it among 5 people. We will be making this again!!!!!
May 15, 2013
This is great anytime of year but seems especially yummy on the grill in the summer! It is very tasty.
Jun 11, 2012
It was ok. The packets were very watery when done. Seemed to lack something, maybe marinade the chicken.
Aug 27, 2011
I made this recipe while on a camping trip. We cooked the packets on a charcoal grill - awesome! Everyone from teens to grandparents loved them.
May 10, 2010
This is a great recipe on the grill. I have also baked it at 425 for 30-35 mins.I like to add mushrooms to the recipe and double the spices and oil.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.