Homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizzas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 pizzas (6 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over two 12-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pans. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork; brush with oil. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the parsley, pepper and remaining salt. Combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread over crusts; top with chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheeses and Italian seasoning. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crusts are lightly browned and cheeses are melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 328 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 19, 2014
Used this recipe for my BBQ pizzas. Made only the crust portion. I added 1 tsp oil to the yeast/water mixture and I drizzled 1 tbsp of oil while pulsing with flour in my processor. I must say the crust did turn out delicious. I will use this recipe again, since it was enough to cover 2 bbq pizza pans that normally I use.
Jul 1, 2013
I made this pizza & was told it was the best pizza I had ever made. It was amazingly good! I was able to use fresh spinach out of my garden too!
Jan 31, 2013
The crust was a little too crispy for my liking and I used poached chicken which was a little bland. Next time I would want season the chicken somehow, but overall it was very good.
Mar 9, 2012
The crust was bland as cardboard and didn't need to be cooked twice. The sauce was bland. It was really hard to eat.
Mar 9, 2012
This recipe was very disappointing. The crust was bland and cardboard-like. The sauce did not taste like any alfredo sauce I have ever had. Overall it was hard to eat the chicken and crust that had been baked twice.
Jan 16, 2012
Really quite good. I am not a huge fan of the taste of reheated chicken, so I will probably leave that out next time.
Jan 5, 2012
I used my own pizza crust recipe but did everything else according to directions and it turned out great! It was delicious!!
Nov 6, 2011
I really like this pizza. It's fun and easy to make. When I think of pizza,this one always comes to my mind to make.
Nov 5, 2011
I used my own crust recipe. For the sauce, added the flour to the butter and cooked that for a few seconds before whisking in the milk. I also used a little less cheese. Substituted red bell peppers for the tomatoes since that's what I had on hand, and added some canned mushrooms and artificial bacon bits. Delicious!
Sep 3, 2011
We loved this recipe! My husband (who doesn't cook) even helped me make the sauce. I thought the Alfredo sauce (by itself tasted great). One quick thing I do is to buy the package of Fleishman's Pizza Yeast and make the crust using the recipe that comes on the back. Then I continue with this recipe. Both crusts are good!!!