Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 1 envelope zesty herb marinade mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons salad dressing mix, water, vinegar and oil. (Save remaining marinade mix for another use).
- Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cool. Cube chicken and set aside.
- Place bread shell crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 cup pizza blend cheese, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cubed chicken and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 385 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 972mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2011
I used a zesty Itallian dressing mix instead of the zesty herb, and used the whole packet. We thought this pizza was really tasty.
Oct 5, 2010
This was really good! Rather than making a marinade with herb mix, I just marinated the chicken in Ken's Italian Dressing. Other than that, did it by the recipe.
Jun 17, 2010
I love alfredo pizza from the restaurants, thank you so much for this recipe, I can now make it at home! It's even better than the restaurants (it costs less)... Delilah-McPherson-Swinford.