Southwestern Chicken Packets
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place each chicken breast half on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with salsa, corn, beans and cheese. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 18, 2016
With only slight variation, this makes a great camping foil pack recipe over an open fire grill. Since heat is hotter, I simply sliced the chicken breasts in about 5 chunks, and arranged the veggies & cheese over the top. We grilled it over the fire, keeping the bottom of the foil pack closest to the fire so as not to char the veggies. It was great! Served rolled in flour tortillas, and dipped in guacamole. Thank you for a great foil pack idea.
Apr 14, 2014
This was very good! simply, but very flavorful. I made fried potatoes to go with it,and the meal was gobbled up!
Jan 20, 2012
My husband and I, as well as our three kids, LOVED this. And I enjoyed how simple it was, not only to make but also to clean up--just toss out the foil! I didn't have enough corn and beans for the recipe so I ended up substituting a frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix, and it smelled and tasted heavenly. We'll definitely be making this again.
May 6, 2009
This was sooo good! A big hit. I didn't have a package fresh or frozen corn so I used a bag of a mix of vegetables: asparagus, corn and carrots and that worked out just fine.