Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, in batches, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken; spoon into taco shells. Top with lettuce and cheese. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2017
I made these, but I already had cooked shredded chicken. So I coated this chicken with the taco seasoning and I sauteed the onions and the green pepper in the 3 TBSP of butter and added the seasoned chicken. Worked just fine. Quick and easy to make.
May 12, 2010
This is one of my favorite ways to have tacos. We use soft flour tortillas instead of taco shells...really like this stuff, especially when it is served with the tomato and avacado salad shown in the picture or down below in the serve with section...SUPER YUMMY!!!!