Chicken Ole Foil Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Mix beans, corn and salsa; divide among four 18x12-in. pieces of heavy-duty foil. Top with chicken. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over chicken. Fold foil over chicken, sealing tightly.
- Grill packets, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 15-20 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 405 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 12, 2019
So easy and so good. I plan to use this as a camping meal.
Sep 30, 2018
This is incredibly good. I just used half the cheese and half the corn -- still tasted great and less calories. :-)
Jul 14, 2018
This was an extremely easy and delicious dinner. The chicken was PERFECT. I used a chunky salsa and that worked out well. Next time I'll try something like a salsa verde. I cut the recipe in half for my husband and I, but we didn't have 4oz chicken breasts. Instead I just cut an 8oz chicken breast in half, which worked out fine. I also left off the onion (personal preference). Really quick clean-up too! Can't wait to make it again!
Jun 14, 2018
Excellent and very easy to prepare. I added cilantro on top with the cheese and green onions.
May 16, 2018
What an easy prep! This meal was quick and easy to prepare and delicious to eat. I served mine with a dollop of sour cream. The chicken was moist, the bean and corn mixture was flavorful.
Jul 6, 2017
I have made chicken packets before but not Tex Mex style. Great flavor and so easy to do. Since I don't have a grill, I baked ours in the oven. The chicken was moist and well flavored. I did add chopped onions and green peppers to the corn/black bean mixture and a tsp of taco seasoning.