Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken
This sheet-pan chicken is an easy gluten-free, low-carb meal ideal for busy weekdays. The chicken is tender, juicy and so delicious! It made the list of our favorite meals. You can substitute any low-carb vegetable for green beans. —Denise Browning, San Antonio, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 miniature sweet peppers, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Thinly slice 1 lemon; place over chicken. Cut remaining lemon crosswise in half; squeeze juice into a small bowl. Whisk in oil, honey, mustard, garlic and paprika. Pour half the mixture over chicken; reserve remaining for beans. Pour water into pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, sweet peppers, remaining sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around chicken in pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and beans are tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.