Chicken Barbecued in Foil
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Place 2 pieces of chicken in the center of each piece of foil; fold up edges to hold sauce. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the chicken and crimp tightly to prevent leaks.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Carefully open packets and turn down foil. Broil chicken for 5 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 418 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Oct 17, 2017
I made this chicken with two chicken breasts in each packet. It has a good flavor, although I think I'll add a little lest lemon next time. I'll probebly mske it again. It wasn't the best BBQ chicken I've tasted, but it was good, easy and fast. Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.