Barbecue Chicken Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in barbecue sauce and heat through.
- Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over medium heat. Discard toothpicks. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 608 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 8, 2016
So good. My family loved this dish!
Jul 21, 2016
This recipe is simple but well balanced. A squeeze of lime just before wrapping them up offsets the sugar in the barbecue sauce, and the burritos, while filling, are pretty light, because of all the vegetables.
Apr 4, 2016
Not sure if I did something wrong or what, but we thought this was good, but not great. I thought it was too much green pepper, not enough chicken, and lacked some ingredient (haven't figure out what yet). I also didn't think it needed 2 tbsp of oil at the end to brown the burritos, maybe more like 1 tbsp or just some cooking spray. Also, I think next time I will drain the chicken/onion/pepper mixture before adding in the BBQ sauce. The water/oil from the pan thinned out the sauce (so our burritos were dripping everywhere). I'm really going to need to tweak this the next time I do it. I will say that it was very quick, easy and different from normal burritos.
Apr 8, 2015
Absolutely delicious!! And different too!
Feb 19, 2015
Very good, easy and quick. My husband and grown sons really enjoyed these. Great "in a pinch" meal.
Oct 24, 2014
These were different and easy to make. Quick easy weeknight meal!
Sep 19, 2014
We loved this dish, not hard to make! We highly recommend Chicken Burritos!
Aug 26, 2014
Did them with my friend. While eating i was crying. It was so tasty that i didnt had any words to say. I just cried.
Jul 19, 2014
These are now my son's favorite burritos!
Feb 24, 2014
This was fantastic :) Added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick and some honey to make it sweeter.