Barbecue Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drain chicken wings; add to slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 287 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 17, 2017
We don't care for curry, so I left it out. The sauce in the crockpot was rather soupy after the wings were cooked and they were not well coated, so I put the wings on a baking pan, brushed them with more sauce and broiled them to carmelize the sauce. That helped.
Mar 30, 2014
Great sauce, substituted 1/2 tsp onion powder for 1/2 tsp of the curry powder. Well liked by our guests.
Oct 20, 2013
Tripled amount of wings, doubled the sauce, for a Wisconsin Badger football party and the wing were a huge hit. Sauce has great flavor!
Jul 4, 2013
The sauce needed "something" so I added some onion powder and a tsp. of chicken base. That seemed to do the trick.
Feb 3, 2013
too much curry powder
Jan 29, 2012
My husband really like these. He did think they were "a little too barbecuey" but he sucked them down. We will make them again.
Sep 3, 2011
I made these for a all female pool tournament. They were the first thing ate. I have been requested to make them many times.
Jun 23, 2011
I made these for a fathers day golf trip with the guys and they really went over big. Next time its two batches, one hotter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.