Baked Chicken on the Grill
I first made this chicken one hot summer when the family wanted baked chicken...and I wanted to keep the kitchen cool. Now they never seem to request the oven-baked variety!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Place dry baking mix, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Close and shake to mix. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased metal or foil 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place on grill. Cover and grill over low heat, for 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts12 ounce-weight: 453 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Baked Chicken on the Grill in Country Chicken Cookbook
Jun 25, 2010
This recipe is a keeper! So easy and so tasty! Great for the summer time as you aren't heating the oven up for an awesome dish!
Apr 17, 2008
I made this last night and it was wonderful. Also easy to do on a day I worked overtime.