Golden Baked Chicken
This recipe makes a delicious crispy chicken without frying, and the paprika gives the chicken pieces a pleasant punch, plus pretty color. -Harriet Stichter Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture.
- Place on two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Golden Baked Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.