Baked Buffalo Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Pour 1/3 cup wing sauce into a shallow dish. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes or refrigerate, covered, up
- to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, tarragon and pepper. Place bread crumbs and remaining wing sauce in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess. Dip in wing sauce, then in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place chicken on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 277 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
May 22, 2017
Not bad. It was not crispy though like the picture makes it seem like it would be. This was easy and fairly quick if planned ahead marinating time. I might make it again.
Aug 28, 2016
Excellent! I used Sweet Baby Ray's Wing Sauce and I did include the tarragon. I also sprayed the rack with olive oil to eliminate chicken from sticking. We will be making this again.
Feb 25, 2016
Excellent!! So much flavor without having to fry! I didn't have time to marinate and didn't use the tarragon and it still had loads of flavor. Will be making again :) Definitely not soggy if you bake it on a rack and no need to turn it.
Jan 31, 2016
I didn't use the tarragon but we thought that the flavor was excellent and didn't have any problems with it being soggy. I used Texas Pete's wing sauce.
Jan 19, 2016
This chicken recipe was fantastic. My family is a big fan of spicy and we all thought this was a great change to your basic chicken recipe.
Dec 31, 2015
Tasted good and pretty easy to make. I had a little bit of a problem keeping the breading on the chicken when I flipped it half way through baking. Will make again.
Dec 29, 2015
This did not turn out well! Granted I didn't have panko crumbs and used breadcrumbs instead. Maybe that's why I ended up with soggy clumps on my chicken. I also flipped the chicken halfway through and lost most of the crumbs in the pan. Not a keeper for us.
Dec 28, 2015
I made this last night for my husband. I thought he would love it. He thought the chicken turned out soggy (with the adding of the additional sauce). He suggested having the extra sauce on the side. The tarragon added a good second flavor.
Dec 20, 2015
I had some trouble getting the bread crumbs to stick but otherwise it came together pretty easy. The flavor of the wing sauce definitely came through, so make sure you have some blue cheese to cool back down!
Nov 12, 2015
Very good & easy dinner! Didnt have tarragon but the wing sauce made up for it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.