Oatmeal Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 316 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 22, 2019
The visual impact is great! BUT isn’t tasty, the texture of the oat is dry and a little mushy but not crunchy properly and the chicken meat is totally unflavored. My 2 stars are just for how this plate looks like.
Jul 15, 2013
I was looking for a baked " fried " chicken recipe when I found this one. I never thought of coating chicken with oatmeal and since I was looking for a healthy version of fried this certainly fit . I was surprised at how tasty it was! The seasoning blend and the oatmeal gave it a crispy deliciously different taste that we loved
Apr 23, 2012
the oatmeal turned out chunky on my chicken. Looked ugly but tasted all right. A little bland
Dec 2, 2010
My husband loved the spicy hint to this chicken and I loved the extra fiber from the oatmeal coating!
Aug 27, 2009
This was ok. It was a nice alternative to cornflake breading, because I rarely have cornflakes in the house. I think I would add more seasoning next time.
Apr 30, 2008
I'm trying this right now. A real Quick good meal for tomorrows lunches and for the rest of the day. Yummy!!!!