- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups cubed cornbread
- 8 bread slices, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a thermometer reads 165°, 12-14 minutes. Drain and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 45 minutes.
Can you freeze Cornbread Chicken Bake?
Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
1 cup: 392 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1307mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.