Chicken Cornbread Casserole
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 5 cups cubed cornbread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toasted. Cool on baking pan.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cornbread, chicken, soups, broth and seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 500 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1657mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 14, 2019
This was absolutely delicious. All three of us loved it. I used a slightly sweet cornbread but I think it would be good with a more savory recipe too.
Sep 6, 2019
Looks delicious. What do you suggest to use for the cornbread? Store bought or homemade? Sweet or Savory?
Sep 6, 2019
A simple, tasty and delicious meal. My whole family loved it. I only made one change. I used 2 cans of cream of chicken soup( 2 family members don't like mushrooms.....gasp).
Oct 14, 2017
Ignore the second nasty review. I made this for a quick dinner and everyone loved it. Very good.
Feb 22, 2016
I made this for four adults and none of us cared for it
Oct 28, 2015
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make and quite delicious!