Chicken and Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups cooked white rice or a combination of wild and white rice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with potato chips and paprika. Bake 1 hour or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 439 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Mar 12, 2018
This was good and it made a ton. I mixed white rice with a combo package of white, brown, and rice wild. About half and half. It gave it more flavor than just white rice. It definitely needed some added seasonings. And it isn't, or at least for me, was not a 15 min prep time. Took at least 20-30 plus clean up time because of quite a few measuring cups, etc. Will make it again.
Feb 19, 2017
Excellent...this is the third recipe that I have made from this website this week, and again a great one!!! Only thing I did different was add some Parmesan cheese. Will be making again!
Jan 5, 2017
Great recipe--I had a ton of leftover rice and this was a great way to use it up. It reminded me of a recipe that my mother-in-law made--very 1950s. I am not a fan of cream of celery soup so I substituted fat-free cream of mushroom soup. It was great--my husband loved it.
Aug 18, 2016
family favorite and feeds a hoard, Good too with broccoli vs peas and 1 tsp cumin mixed with soups, whole new taste. I layer mine, chicken, broccoli, rice and spread soup over top. Can't beat this recipe.
Jul 20, 2016
Prepared this dish with a few changes and it was great. Saute onion, celery, red bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil, then reduced down white wine and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt, etc. Stir soy sauce into soup mixture and finish the recipe as directed. Very good.
Aug 11, 2010
Made this for my Mom. We loved the crunch. Great recipe
Mar 21, 2010
This dish was bland. Needed a lot more seasoning. It would be much better with the right spices.
Nov 27, 2009
My five guests enjoyed this very much and I am already making it again...one week after the first time I made it. Delicious and easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.