Chicken Pasta Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon pepper; set aside. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water; add to egg mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion, celery and remaining pepper in butter over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in 1/2 cup cream; heat through.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture, chicken mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Combine the soup, wine, parsley and remaining cream; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Or before refrigerating, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake according to directions.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 546 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
May 24, 2017
This was a flop with my family, no one liked it. Chicken was bland tasting.
Jan 12, 2017
Very good! I'm not a fan of celery though, so I left out the chopped celery and used Cream of Chicken soup instead of cream of celery. I also added mushrooms as some other reviewers mentioned. This is a very good creamy dish.
Jan 12, 2017
Very good. I'm not a fan of celery though so I left out the chopped celery and used Cream of Chicken soup instead of cream of celery. I also added mushrooms and this was a delicious dish.
Aug 28, 2016
Our family loved this recipe...I'm always looking for new ways to serve chicken and this was great!
Oct 14, 2013
This dish was excellent!! My husband loved it, "it's creamy and delicious." It did need more chicken I used 1 ¼ lb., next time I will use a 1 ½ lbs. I used ziti instead of egg noodles, simply because I feel they hold up better to the baking process and don't get mushy. Also, for the layering I found it easier to combine the noodle mixture with the chicken mixture; layer half of that, half of the cheese and repeat.
Jul 3, 2013
AWESOME! Dad likes this one
Nov 29, 2012
Way too much garlic.
Oct 30, 2012
Excellent for leftovers!
Sep 8, 2012
This Chicken Casserole was so good. I cooked it right away instead of letting it set overnight as I needed it for the evening meal. My four year old helped make it and eat it. My husband had already gone to work before it got done. It was so good we delivered him a portion to his work! Next time we will probably add mushrooms, as I think these would really add to the flavor!
Oct 11, 2011
We just finished having this and it was very tasty. It would be good with mushrooms or maybe peas and carrots. But we liked it just the way it was. Very garlicky. The only thing I changed was I cubed the chicken and I didn't refrigerate. I just made it and popped it into the oven for about 20-25 min., until the cheese was melted. It's a keeper.