Corn Dog Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter 5 minutes. Add onions; saute 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut hot dogs into 1/2-inch slices. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in cornbread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Nov 27, 2016
I don't know what I did wrong, but this was not good. Didn't taste anything like a corn dog. I used Nathan's all beef & what a waste of expensive hot dogs!
Oct 23, 2016
my girls loved this recipe. yummy
Aug 23, 2016
My family loved this recipe. I did use a regular onion, instead of the green onion and 1 cup celery instead of two. Those were my only two changes.I did use good quality hot dogs, but since it didn't specify a brand I don't consider that a change, but I'm sure it helped. :)
Oct 26, 2015
Too dry and flavorless. I made it as directed except for adding a little more milk. It didn't help.
Dec 11, 2014
I've been making this recipe for years! I use less sage and I don't think it matters how you slice the hot dogs. Read my review at my blog - http://frugalfunlife.com/2014/10/05/corn-dog-casserole/My instructions are a little different, but they work for me. Great recipe!
Oct 30, 2014
This was ok. Much better if you put mustard on it! Not our favorite.
Sep 12, 2014
I have been making this recipe for years. It is good made with low fat or turkey hotdogs, skim milk and the 2% cheese. I've gotten lazy over the years and no longer saute the hot dogs to save time!
Sep 7, 2014
A quick, tasty meal that tastes like a summer street festival on a plate.
May 22, 2014
I made this one time and was disgusted with the end results. Sorry to the owner that submitted this no offense meant to you. I had to throw the entire thing out because NOBODY liked this or wanted to eat it. Out of all the years that I've been trying and making new receipes I can't stand to waste food/ingredients but this was one of the very few from T.O.H that was disgusting and a total waste of my money. I'm being kind by rating this 1 star!
May 20, 2014
We thought this was great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.