Corn Dog Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter 5 minutes. Add onions; saute 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut hot dogs into 1/2-inch slices. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in cornbread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 578 calories, 38g fat (16g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1307mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2016
I don't know what I did wrong, but this was not good. Didn't taste anything like a corn dog. I used Nathan's all beef & what a waste of expensive hot dogs!
Oct 23, 2016
my girls loved this recipe. yummy
Aug 23, 2016
My family loved this recipe. I did use a regular onion, instead of the green onion and 1 cup celery instead of two. Those were my only two changes.I did use good quality hot dogs, but since it didn't specify a brand I don't consider that a change, but I'm sure it helped. :)
Oct 26, 2015
Too dry and flavorless. I made it as directed except for adding a little more milk. It didn't help.
Dec 11, 2014
I've been making this recipe for years! I use less sage and I don't think it matters how you slice the hot dogs. Read my review at my blog - http://frugalfunlife.com/2014/10/05/corn-dog-casserole/My instructions are a little different, but they work for me. Great recipe!
Oct 30, 2014
This was ok. Much better if you put mustard on it! Not our favorite.
Sep 12, 2014
I have been making this recipe for years. It is good made with low fat or turkey hotdogs, skim milk and the 2% cheese. I've gotten lazy over the years and no longer saute the hot dogs to save time!
Sep 7, 2014
A quick, tasty meal that tastes like a summer street festival on a plate.
May 22, 2014
I made this one time and was disgusted with the end results. Sorry to the owner that submitted this no offense meant to you. I had to throw the entire thing out because NOBODY liked this or wanted to eat it. Out of all the years that I've been trying and making new receipes I can't stand to waste food/ingredients but this was one of the very few from T.O.H that was disgusting and a total waste of my money. I'm being kind by rating this 1 star!
May 20, 2014
We thought this was great!