Corn and Bacon Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoon of drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until smooth. Add corn, parsley and half of the bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 21, 2018
Great side dish!
Nov 27, 2017
I think increasing the green onion is great for more flavor. Also try adding finely diced red peppers, even maybe fire roasted. Good for flavor and a festive look.
Jun 26, 2014
This is really delicious. I've made it twice and my family loves it!!
Apr 22, 2014
Loved it. Made this corn recipe for a different side dish for Easter, the crowd loved it, even my daughter-in-law asked for the recipe. The dish was finished before the traditional green bean casserole. I used low-fat sour cream just to cut the fat and calories, no one knew the better. Delicious!!
Jan 29, 2014
I replace half the sour cream with yogurt, and often use the entire package of bacon. Thinking of trying adding shredded cheddar cheese. Also, unlike another reviewer, I find the parsley and chives indispensable in the flavor mix.
Dec 21, 2013
This was really good . We made it for a holiday party and everyone loved it. People kept asking for this recipe.
Aug 27, 2013
A real Winner* You may want to double the recipe for this one. It's that good.One thing I did do was to drastically reduce the amount of Sour Cream. That made it possible for all of the other ingredients to come through. Sour cream can take over. I wanted to be able to taste the wonderful sweetness of the Fresh Corn and the slightly smoky overtones of the bacon.Great recipe that I will share with the rest of my family soon*This time of the year Go with Fresh.
Nov 22, 2012
This is the best corn I've ever had. Way better than cheesey corn. I used half sour cream and the other half was salted butter and cream cheese. I didn't have chives or parsley but it didn't need it. Sauteing the onions in the same pan after the bacon gives so much flavor. My bacon was very lean so added more butter to the grease to saute onions.
Jul 31, 2011
Great, family loved it. Made it with fresh corn. Used half of sour cream and other half cream. Added 1 cup mild cheddar cheese. Fabulous.
Dec 23, 2009
I found this recipe in your magazine many years ago and made it for a function...it was the hit of the party!! I had so many requests for the recipe that evening. I have since added this to my yearly Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner menu.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.