Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups herb-seasoned crumb stuffing mix, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup stuffing mix, corn and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine butter and remaining stuffing mix; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 13, 2018
My Mother made this when I was a child and I loved it. I’m 70 now and have been looking for this recipe for years without finding it. I found riffs on it but never the exact recipe. I’m thrilled and this is perfect so simple and absolutely delicious! Thank You.
May 28, 2013