Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups herb-seasoned crumb stuffing mix, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup stuffing mix, corn and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine butter and remaining stuffing mix; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2018
My Mother made this when I was a child and I loved it. I’m 70 now and have been looking for this recipe for years without finding it. I found riffs on it but never the exact recipe. I’m thrilled and this is perfect so simple and absolutely delicious! Thank You.
May 28, 2013